Bariatric Mexico Surgery Releases Info On Managing Post Surgery Weight Gain

September 12, 2017
Download as PDF Single Release RSS Feed
Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Email

Bariatric Mexico Surgery is a company in Tijuana, Mexico, that provides people with the information they need to make decisions about bariatric surgery, whether or not to have it and, if so, where to have it. They achieve this in a variety of different ways, one of which is in releasing regular blog posts about pertinent issues in weight loss surgery. They have recently posted a new blog post titled, "Managing Post-Surgery Weight Gain". It should be made clear, however, that they are not a healthcare provider nor a medical facility. They are a facilitator company that markets and schedules services.

Alma Orozco from Bariatric Mexico Surgery says: "As a bariatric surgery patient, you have doubtlessly heard about people battling with post-surgery weight gain. If you are six months or less from your surgery, you may find that fact unbelievable as you continue to shed the pounds, but the reality is that about half of all patients start to regain the weight that they lost through surgery within two years."

The aim of the new blog post is to give people a more realistic view of what they can expect following surgery. Research has shown that many people continue to see bariatric surgery as an easy, sometimes almost cheating, way to lose weight. However, Bariatric Mexico Surgery warns that it is a long and difficult journey, and that keeping the weight off once it is gone can be very difficult.

"Weight gain after bariatric surgery falls into two broad categories: the surgery is failing the patient (anatomic failure), or the patient is failing the surgery (behavioral failure)," adds Alma Orozco. "Anatomic failures are rare, occurring in only about 5% of all patients. However, if it is the cause of weight gain, it almost always requires a second procedure to address the problem. For the remaining 95%, the problem is behavioral and is easier to fix as it doesn't require surgery."

The article, which can be found at https://www.bariatricmexicosurgery.com/managing-weight-gain.html, addresses some of the common reasons why people experience behavioral failure, including alcohol use, starting weight, lack of support, and the psychological issues associated with post-surgery patients. Mainly, Bariatric Mexico Surgery explains that once people are able identify the reason for their behavioral failure, they can also address it.



SOURCE: Press Advantage [Link]

Download as PDF Single Release RSS Feed
Facebook Twitter Google Digg Reddit LinkedIn Email

About Bariatric Mexico Surgery:

Bariatric Mexico Surgery works with individuals who are interested in weight loss surgery by answering questions and offering bariatric surgery procedures through a relationship with some the best surgeons in North America.

Contact Bariatric Mexico Surgery:

Alma Orozco
Diego Rivera 2386,
Zona Urbana Río Tijuana,
Tijuana, Baja California 22010
Mexico
1 (800) 316-8234
http://bariatricmexicosurgery.com

Social Media:

This News Release Was Picked Up By These Local News Sites:

Digital Journal
FinancialContent
FinancialContent
FinancialContent

Additional News Releases From Bariatric Mexico Surgery:

August 17, 2017Study Shows Link Between Children Of Obese Women And Birth Defects

July 19, 2017Bariatric Mexico Surgery Releases New BMI Calculator

June 16, 2017Bariatric Mexico Surgery Discusses The Impact Of Bariatric On Joint Replacement

May 26, 2017Bariatric Surgery Shown To Help With Sleep Apnea

April 28, 2017Bariatric Mexico Surgery Releases Information About Intragastric Balloon

March 14, 2017Bariatric Surgery Mexico Releases Blog Post On Misconceptions About The Procedure

February 21, 2017Bariatric Mexico Surgery Publishes Post About Benefits Of Bariatric Surgery

January 26, 2017Information Released On Ways To Address Body Temperature Changes After Bariatric Surgery

December 22, 2016Bariatric Surgery Shown To Provide Relief For Sleep Apnea