Crystal Turner-Brightman, a 17-year old student based in Southampton, was hoping to get some good shots for her photography class as she posed in her friend’s bathroom one fateful day. Wearing an ordinary white cotton dress, they lined up the room with lighted candles and tea lights, striving for a cozy ambiance and dramatic lighting.
Before they know it, one of the candles caught her dress, causing fire and panic to young Crystal. She was rushed to Southampton General Hospital, where medics confirmed she got third degree burns on her arm, shoulder, and stomach. She was then transferred to a specialist burns unit in Salisbury District Hospital, where she was advised to heal naturally instead of undergoing skin graft surgery. Unfortunately, the shocking event Crystal survived through caused post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD.
The incident came to the attention Mike MacDonald of Frux Home and Yard, an established supplier of home, kitchen, and lighting products online.
“We are deeply sorry about what happened to Crystal. We would like to congratulate Crystal for joining the Fixers and giving efforts to help encourage other PTSD patients to overcome the condition. We hope you keep inspiring and motivating other victims to lead a better life after a traumatic incident,” says Mike MacDonald of Frux Home and Yard.
Unfortunately, fires caused by candles are actually pretty common. In 2003, there were around 1791 house fires that occurred due to candles in the UK. This proves how susceptible to fire homes are if people continue to use real tea lights, McDonald adds.
“We are very proud to be able to provide customers with a safer option than real candlelight. Our flameless tea lights light up with no flame or smoke that could harm the family or their property. Since they are battery operated and equipped with LED bulbs, there is no fear or risk involved no matter how many pieces you use to light up the room or how long you use it for,” announced MacDonald in his official statement.
SOURCE: Press Advantage [Link]
Established in 2013, Frux Home and Yard is a family owned brand of home products that offer useful, interesting and value priced home products. Currently, they offer high quality home entertaining and decorative lighting products.
February 26, 2019 – Frux Home and Yard Customers Use Lanterns for Spring Break Decorating
February 25, 2019 – Picnic Backpack By Frux Home and Yard Recommended For Spring Break Adventures
February 20, 2019 – Frux Home And Yard Announces Release Of New Pot Holders And Oven Mitts
February 20, 2019 – Frux Home and Yard Announces an Alternative to the Traditional Picnic Basket
February 20, 2019 – Frux Home And Yard Brightens The World With Flameless Candles
February 19, 2019 – Frux Home And Yard’s Oven Gloves Available In Europe Early April 2019
February 19, 2019 – Frux Home And Yard’s Picnic Basket Zooms Off Shelves