Method Seven, based in Santa Cruz, California, is pleased to announce that they offer a wide selection of aviation glasses. The company’s aviator style glasses are equipped with precision optics and feature top-of-the-line lenses with notch filtering technology for contrast, clarity and high performance.
Method Seven aviator glasses are constructed from hand tooled titanium and high-quality coatings. The prescription aviator sunglasses also feature an advanced filtering technology. The lenses are carefully crafted in order to meet bifocal, single vision or progressive prescriptions. Rx lenses have a Visible Light Transmission (VLT) level of 24%, ideal for prescription sunglasses and for individuals with eyes that require high levels of visual light. The glasses offer full protection from UV. The sunglasses also feature enhanced contrast, impossible clarity, and world-class performance in a lightweight and shatterproof lens.
Aviator sunglasses are designed in order to protect the eyes against harsh, high-altitude light. A pilot’s eyes are at a higher risk of sun exposure at high altitudes as they are closer to ultraviolet rays, which can penetrate skin and eye cells. Consequently, pilots experience a higher concentration of said UV. The brightness alone is sufficient to cause eye fatigue and weaken eyes. With these factors in mind, the US Department of Defense has established specifications for sunglasses worn by military pilots. Method Seven has its own exacting specifications and high standards for its best-in-class pilot eyewear.
There are many aspects one should consider when choosing eye protection for pilots. Some of these include the material used, filters, coatings, compatibility with helmets or other headgear, VLT and of course, design. For example, when considering VLT, one should know that a higher VLT means a lighter tint to the lens, which lets more light through to the eye. A lower VLT means a darker tint which blocks more light before it reaches the eye. One should also consider the weather conditions a pilot faces when choosing VLT.
The aviation sunglasses designed by Method Seven also consider UVA and UVB ray exposure. UVA light makes up about 95% of the ultraviolet light that reaches eyes and skin. The remaining 5% are UVB rays, which cause sunburn. The best eye protection for pilots should effectively block both types of light. It’s important for pilots to note that UV exposure increases with altitude, and not all windscreens effectively block UV. Polarized sunglasses can interfere with windscreens, creating visual distortion. This is why Method Seven designs non-polarized flight glasses that block infrared heat energy and ultraviolet light, keeping the eyes cool and focused on extended flights, while allowing pilots to view instrument panels and see through their windscreens with perfect clarity.
Method Seven also designs a range of eyewear for grow rooms. Though most grow rooms are well lit, the light is not broad in spectrum. While this may be an ideal environment for plants, it is not great for the human eye. According to Method Seven’s website, “Human eyes contain rods and cones, which need broad spectrum light in order to focus, recognize shapes, register movement, and see color. In a grow room environment, sunglasses make things worse by further distorting the visible color spectrum, so you squint less, but you still can’t see color, and it’s even more difficult to focus. Other grow light glasses attempt to color balance the extreme light spectrum but use cheap plastic lenses with very poor clarity that distort light and are hazy or blurry.”
Method Seven explains that, with substandard grow room glasses, a person’s eyes and brain are forced to work overtime to compensate, causing fatigue, headaches, and visible spots. Additionally, some grow room lights produce damaging UV radiation. The company points out that a person’s eyes are essential, and so is getting the best use out of a grow room. To avoid long-term side effects, the company advises against skimping with cheap grow room glasses or regular sunglasses.
To learn more about Method Seven and their range of eyewear, visit the official website, and contact the company via phone or email.
SOURCE: Press Advantage [Link]
Method Seven designs and manufactures stylish eyewear for protection and color balance in extreme lighting conditions like grow rooms and airplanes.
April 22, 2021 – Method Seven Introduces Indoor Grow Room Glasses
March 22, 2021 – Method Seven: How To Choose The Right Pilot Sunglasses
March 10, 2021 – Pilot Aviator Sunglasses Available At Method Seven
February 19, 2021 – Specialized Aviation Glasses Available At Method Seven
January 27, 2021 – Method Seven Offers A Range Of Aviation Glasses
January 05, 2021 – Method Seven Offers High Quality Pilot Sunglasses