In Burleson, Texas, one woman swore never to use scented candles again after getting involved in an accident. Apparently, the mishap was caused by a burning scented candle.
In a video captured by a CCTV camera, the woman, Ashley Brawley, can be seen blowing off the flame from an unscented candle. After witnessing the candle burning a 6-inch fire, she blew it off three to four times. She took the last blow, not realizing that the product was defective and it would burn her face.
Her husband tried to put out the fire by hosing it with water, but the candle exploded. Getting first to second-degree burns, Ashley was sent to the hospital, where she was given adequate treatment for wounds on her forehead, nose, cheeks, and lips.
“Accidents like this could be prevented in the future if we stopped using wax-based candles at home. If we want dramatic lighting, we can always achieve so by using flameless LED tealights instead. LED candles are way safer, more convenient, and last longer. This means you can enjoy a cozy ambiance in the room for a longer period, without having to worry about the risks of fire,” says Mike MacDonald, Frux Home and Yard’s Media Representative, in reaction to Ashley Brawley’s scented candle experience.
About Frux Home and Yard
Frux Home and Yard manufactures top-quality home and kitchen improvement products online. The company supports the use of natural, non-toxic items, including the flameless LED tealights. For more information about Frux Home and Yard, interested individuals are advised to check out their Amazon storefront or their website at FruxHomeandYard.com.
SOURCE: Press Advantage [Link]
Established in 2013, Frux Home and Yard is a family owned brand of home products that offer useful, interesting and value priced home products. Currently, they offer high quality home entertaining and decorative lighting products.