Panama, Republic of Panama -- The Aero Expo Panama Pacifico (AEPP) opened today at the Panama Pacifico International Airport (MPPA) in Panama with a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by the newly sworn in General Director of Tocumen SA Carlos Duboy, the General Director of the CAA Alfredo Fonseca, and the US Ambassador at 9:30 this morning. The event includes over thirty international aviation companies with indoor and outdoor exhibits and static displays of nine aircraft. The expo is supported by six sponsors, and fourteen renowned speakers and presenters.
This makes the expo larger than its premier in 2016, which was hailed as a much needed venue to support the growth of business aviation in the region. “We are really pleased with the turnout,” said Yvan Boniface, the organizer of the event. “Panama is the heart of the Americas, and the business aviation market is having incredible growth. This event has become the quintessential expression of that market.”
The event continues today with indoor trade show exhibitions, aircraft displayed outdoors in an area set up for visitors, and a series of seminars and presentations today by safety, infrastructure and regulation experts. A cocktail reception will be held this evening for select attendees and aviation industry dignitaries. Technical briefings by several aircraft manufacturers will continue tomorrow, as well as the indoor and outdoor exhibits.
In breaking news, exhibitor Synerjet Latina has been named as the Cirrus Aircraft Official Dealer for Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Additional news items announced at the conference will be reported as they occur.
The first expo last year was very well received by the industry. The event “ . . . exceeded our expectations as the first expo that Panama has put on, so we weren’t sure quite what to expect, but they’ve done a really spectacular job . . . really first class . . . great showing of everybody from customers to political figures, we had the Ambassador out . . . lots of beautiful people, and aircraft and booths. This is important because Panama is the epicenter of all of the activity,” said Roger Woolsey, CEO of Million Air.
“Setting up such an event . . .says a lot about the dynamism of the country and the business opportunities in the region,” noted Philippe Casenave, Ambassador of France.
Maciej Mazurowics, Lufthansa Consulting noted the marketing opportunity for exhibitors. “The expo is a great opportunity for us to generate business with our Panamanian partners. It’s our first opportunity to meet them all in one place.”
“We know that Panama and Central America has a very big potential for private aviation,” said Xavier Pons, Dassault FalconJet.
“Panama is a great part of our market,” said Chris Morales of Textron Aviation. “We do a lot of business here. We love Panama!”
“This is a very important event for us, because we know that business aviation in Panama is booming. It’s the leading market in Central America, and a very important market for us,” said Gustavo Teixeira, Embraer SA.
More details about this year’s event, including attendance statistics, news events and visitor reactions will be published as they become available.
Exhibitors for the Aero Expo Panama Pacifico include:
• Aero Ermo - (http://www.aeroermo.com/) Latin American aviation magazine
• Aerosupport FBO (http://www.aerosupportfbo.com/) FBO services in Colombia & Panama
• ARINC Direct (http://www.arincdirect.com/) Comprehensive flight services.
• AV8 MRO (http://av8mro.com/) Aircraft maintenance services in Houston, Texas.
• Aviazión Group (http://aviaziongroup.com) A second time exhibitor at the AEPP17, Aviazión Group provides a wide range of aviation related services in the entire region: manpower, technical assistance and avionics.
• CAE (http://www.cae.com/) - Civil aviation training, defense, security, and healthcare.
• Cirrus Aircraft (https://cirrusaircraft.com/) Single engine aircraft manufacturer.
• Dallas Airmotive (http://dallasairmotive.com) - OEM authorized, independent supplier of maintenance, repair and overhaul services for small gas turbine engines used in aviation.
• Dassault Falcon Jet – (http://dassaultfalcon.com) - Dassault Falcon offers a range of six business jets from the twin-engine large-cabin Falcon 2000S to the tri-engine ultra-long range Falcon 8X.
• Embraer – (http://www.embraer.com) Embraer is one of the largest aircraft manufacturers in the world, located in Seo Jose dos Camps in Brazil.
• GlobalParts Group - (http://www.globalparts.aero) a distributor of popular products such as the HOT-STOP ‘L’ EVO Fire Containment Kit and a parts provider for Lear Jet Series 20, 30, and 50 series aircraft.
• Helipan Corporation – (http://www.helipan.com/) Provides a variety of air transportation services, and an authorized Robinson Helicopter service provider in Panama.
• Honda Jet – (http://www.hondajet.com/) Innovative business aircraft.
• JSSI - (https://www.jetsupport.com/) Jet Support Services Inc., a leader in hourly cost maintenance programs for business, commercial and helicopter programs.
• Million Air - (http://www.millionair.com/) a US based luxury FBO network.
• Mapiex International (http://www.mapiex.com/) Latin American FBO services.
• Rockwell Collins (https://www.rockwellcollins.com/) Commercial & business aviation, plus solutions for airports and other critical infrastructure.
• Pilatus Aircraft (http://www.pilatus-aircraft.com/) Aircraft manufacturer based in Switzerland.
• Satcom Direct - (https://www.satcomdirect.com) a pioneer in global mobile communication technology solutions.
• Seijiro Yazawa Iwai (http://www.seijiroyazawaiwai.com/) Authorized HondaJet dealer in Central America.
• Signature Flight Support - https://www.signatureflight.com A Global Fixed Base Operator Network.
• SSI (https://ssinstruction.com/) Safety and Security Instruction.
• Synerjet – (http://www.synerjet.com) a distributor of Pilatus and Cirrus aircraft.
• Textron Aviation (http://txtav.com/) Aircraft manufacturer. Beechcraft, Cessna and Hawker are Textron Aviation brands.
• Tocumen International Airport - (http://www.tocumenpanama.aero/) Tocumen is the international airport of Panama.
• UNAQ – (www.unaq.edu.mx/) Universidad Aeronáutica en Querétaro – Querétaro Aeronautical University (Mexico)
• Universal Weather & Aviation - (http://www.UniversalWeather.com) a provider of weather and fuel support services for business and commercial aviation.
Levon Aviation Ltd. has been appointed the official supplier of AEPP17, and provided services including electric power supply, aircraft ground power unit rental, air conditioning unit rental, and aircraft detailing services on site for exhibitors.
ABCI was selected to provide marketing services leading up to the event, including social media and press releases.
Learn more about the Aero Expo Panama Pacifico and register today at this website: http://aeroexpo-panama.com/
About Aero Expo Panama Pacifico
The first annual Aero Expo Panama Pacifico was held in Panama City in 2016. It was the largest aviation exhibition in Central America, the Caribbean and the Andean region.
The purpose of each AEPP event is to become the most relevant trade fair and marketing forum in Latin America for business aviation.
The first event included a wide, diverse and growing market for business aviation products and services; AEPP provided indoor and outdoor exhibits and displays, as well as educational seminars. Events included a panel discussion on finance and legal aspects of business aviation and a panel discussion on the future of business aviation in Panama and the region.
A LinkedIn Group has been established for conversation and networking during and after the event, join at this link: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8438034
Interviews and high-resolution photographs are available on request.
SOURCE: Press Advantage [Link]
AEPP is the only aviation exposition of its kind between Mexico and Brazil. Its purpose is to become the most relevant trade fair and marketing forum in Latam for Business Aviation.
April 04, 2017 – Aero Expo in Panama to Showcase Luxury Travel
March 21, 2017 – Aero Expo Panama Pacifico Announces Program & Suppliers
February 28, 2017 – Million Air FBO to Exhibit At Aero Expo Panama Pacifico for Second Year
January 31, 2017 – GlobalParts Group to Showcase Products at Aero Expo Panama Pacifico in April